If you own a shore home, you know that the construction of your house is unique. It probably has a longer than average staircase, which can make getting upstairs and downstairs difficult. When you have heavy items to carry or even just a few bags of groceries, a simple task becomes much more complicated and frustrating.
It doesn’t have to be that way, though. Installing a dumbwaiter is a good way to ensure that you won’t get injured from carrying heavy boxes or bags up those tall stairs. These handy lifts look like miniature elevators and work pretty much the same way. They can be used to carry groceries, water or even laundry from downstairs to upstairs and back again.
Benefits of a Residential Dumbwaiter
There are several benefits of installing a dumbwaiter in your shore home:
- They are a worthwhile investment. While dumbwaiters may appear expensive, the assistance and convenience they provide make them well worth the cost.
- They can be discreet. Dumbwaiters don’t have to have a brightly-colored sign on them and can be designed to be as unobtrusive visually as possible.
- They can be designed with the construction of your home in mind. Not all dumbwaiters have to look out-of-place and dated in a more modern shore home, nor do they have to be sleek and futuristic if that’s not what you want.
- They are easy to use. Dumbwaiters can be used by anyone who needs one.
Some Basic Tips for Using Your Dumbwaiter
Not everyone will immediately know what to use a dumbwaiter for, or how to best use it to suit their specific needs. Here are some quick tips:
- Use for laundry. This may seem silly. After all, not all loads of laundry are incredibly heavy, and you may feel that it’s not necessary. But imagine all the wear and tear you’d save your knees if you used the dumbwaiter instead! That alone is pretty convincing.
- Use for groceries. This is a great idea for anyone who has a kitchen on the second floor of their shore home.
- Use for other heavy items. When you have large, bulky jugs of water, use your dumbwaiter to get them to wherever they need to be.
How to Fix and Service
If your dumbwaiter breaks or gets otherwise damaged, we would advise you to not try to fix it yourself. There are many moving parts in these machines, and the average individual doesn’t know how to properly handle them. This could lead to serious injury. When in doubt, leave repairs and maintenance to the professionals.
Call the Professionals to Install
Once you’ve made the decision to order a dumbwaiter, make sure you get one from the experts. Inclinator-Elevette, Inc. is your source for these machines and much more. Make your life simpler by contacting us today.